Friday, March 28, 2014

her steps

she is beautiful, her smile
the way she moves
like she is making music with her arms
joy is in her steps

I used to be her
not bitter
not jaded

living moment by moment
carefree

I wish I could protect her
If I could take her future pain I would
If I could keep her from falling I would
my little girl, so full of love

Life surrounds her
time moves, she moves
I have no say

no control
heart ache awaits

the beginning of a lifetime of choices
only God knows her path

my prayer is for her to always walk
with God
to dream her dreams
follow her heart
















4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem! Good to know that whatever our children go through, God is always there and He's always the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gina =) Yes, it is all about Trusting God. Something I am still working on. hugs***

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Gina said.

    I understand your desire to protect your daughter from pain and to keep her from falling. But reality won't allow for such a shelter.
    The truth is, she will fall. And she will experience pain.
    However, you have the opportunity as her mother to help her learn how to get back up. And how to handle the pain. You can point her to the only One who can really protect her. As you trust God to carry you through your trials, your daughter will learn to trust Him for her own.
    Now - you go, girl!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, Thank you for the thoughts. Though I want to protect her future steps, I know there is no growth without struggles. God gave me her and ultimately she is in His hands. Hopefully, I will show her Jesus' ways through my life. Like that song with the lyrics I keep hearing...."let them see you through me..." Which also reminds me of your recent blog about choices. It all ties together doesn't it. Thanks for the encouragement. ***hugs

    ReplyDelete